College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Mannuthy was established in 1955 and is one of the constituent colleges of the newly established Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University. The College has made extensive contribution for the development of animal husbandry sector of the state. In addition to development of human resources for serving the livestock farmers of the state, the college is also instrumental in various research, extension, consultancy and clinical services besides acting as a source of high quality germplasm and animal products to the farmers and general public respectively.
The Library of the College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Mannuthy serves as a central location for all students, faculties and Research Fellows to refer various materials related to Veterinary and Animal Sciences. The Library has thousands of books, journals, Electronic materials, Thesis, Magazines and other reference materials to its credit. The library also has a well-equipped Computer Lab with Multimedia facilities where the members can use the DVDs or Internet to get the latest news and updates about the respective subject. Admission to the Library is currently restricted only to the students and faculty of the College.